Your Privacy Rights
Last Updated: May 01, 2012
The IWON Site is operated by Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc. ("IWON", "we" or "us"), a part of the IAC family of businesses (www.iac.com), which includes Ask.com, Zwinky.com, Girlsense.com, Match.com, Vimeo, College Humor, and many others.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
In General. We may collect personal information that can identify you, such as your name and email address, as well as other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through the IWON Site or IWON Services, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
- Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on the IWON Site or provide to us in some other manner, including during registration, when you choose to utilize any of the IWON Services, when you request or sign up to receive goods or services from one or more of our partners, when you enter into a promotion sponsored by IWON and/or one of our partners, when you fill out a user survey, when you contact or provide such information to our customer service center, or when such information is contained in any video, comment or other submission you upload or post to the IWON Site or via the IWON Services. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number; and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information.
- IWON Software Products. If you elect to install certain software products (the "IWON Software Products") provided by IWON to its users, such as the MyWebSearch Toolbar, IWON may collect additional information about you.
PLEASE NOTE: IWON Software Products may be subject to separate End User License Agreements ("EULAs"), Terms of Service and/or Privacy Policies, each as disclosed during the download and/or install process.
- Information from other sources. We may also periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from other IAC businesses, business partners, contractors and other third parties and add it to our account information or other information we have collected. Examples of information that we may receive include: updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and additional demographic information.
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see "Cookies" below), and the referring website address.
- Cookies. When you visit our website we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in to the IWON Site or use certain of the IWON Services.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. We also may include web beacons in promotional email messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, or other activities.
- Information collected by third-parties. We may allow third-parties, including our authorized service providers, IAC companies, advertising companies and ad networks, to display advertisements or provide applications and services on the IWON Site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies or web beacons, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements or use their applications and services. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and personalized online experiences and gauge their effectiveness. Except as set forth below or as expressly stated on the IWON Site, we do not provide any personal information to these third parties. Some of the third-party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies (www.networkadvertising.org).
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In General. We may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver or provide the products and services that you have requested, which is either done by us directly, or by a third party service partner/provider;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, our sister IAC companies or other third parties;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites, including personalization and enhancement of the IWON Site and IWON Services;
- contact users for feedback regarding IWON and IWON's partners via email surveys or communications;
- provide reports to our advertisers which tells them who responded to a particular offer, unless you have opted out of receiving special offers from selected third parties;
- enforce our Terms of Service;
- manage our business, including estimating and reporting our total audience size and traffic; and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Financial information. We may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases, subscriptions or sales made on our website, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
Please review "YOUR CHOICES ABOUT COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION" below.
WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our web site or while using our services.
Personal information. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized third party service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, providing users with email addresses and email service, performing business and sales analysis, and supporting our website functionality. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information (except, possibly, on an aggregated, non-personally identifiable basis for any other purposes.
- Direct mail partners: From time to time we may share our postal mailing list with selected providers of goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive mailings you may update your mail preferences by going to the My Account page, which allows you to access and edit your registration account information. In addition, you may contact IWON Customer Service to update your profile, account information and/or preferences.
- Other IAC businesses. We are part of the IAC family of businesses (go to www.iac.com for a listing of these businesses). We may share information we collect, including personal information, with other IAC companies. Sharing information with our IAC companies enables us to provide you with information about a variety of products and services that might interest you. All IAC companies comply with privacy policies available at each company's site. IAC companies also comply with applicable privacy and security laws and, at a minimum, in any commercial e-mail they send to you, will give you the opportunity to choose not to receive such e-mail messages in the future.
- Other Situations.We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us, in our sole discretion.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and non-personal information. We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties and other IAC companies to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our website and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising. Non-personal information (such as your user name) is publicly viewable via your user profile on the IWON Site. Any visitor to the IWON Site can view any users' profile pages. This is one reason why we recommend not using your real name as your user name.
NOTICE REGARDING USER-GENERATED-CONTENT
We may, but do not have the obligation to screen, filter or monitor user submissions to the website, nor do we scrape or glean personal information from any such submissions; however, to the extent that any comment or other user submission contains personal information (whether name, likeness, address, telephone number or otherwise, and whether such information pertains to the submitter or someone else), such personal information may be viewed by other users of the website. See "USER SUBMISSIONS", below.
We offer you access to "co-branded" services that are jointly provided by IWON and selected companies. In many cases, these co-branded services will contain IWON branding, but may not be hosted by IWON. You may notice that you are on a co-branded site if the pages say "provided by", if standard IWON branding is not displayed on the top of the page, or if you are asked to subscribe for any service or provide additional information. In such cases, if you use the co-branded service, IWON may be entitled to receive information about what you do when using that service.
If you elect to provide additional personal information using a co-branded service, the information you provide may be shared or jointly retained by the provider of that service in accordance with that provider's privacy policies and terms of service. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of these other companies and to contact these companies directly if you have any questions about their use of this information.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION
If you have registered with the IWON Site, you have the ability to review and update your personal information online by logging into your account. You can also review and update your personal information by contacting us. More information about how to contact us is provided below.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in your inability to use or access certain features of the IWON Site or IWON Services, purchase products or services, participate in a promotion, ask a question, or initiate other transactions on our website.
- When you register on our website, you may be given a choice as to whether you want to receive email messages and/or newsletters about new features, events, product updates, improvements, special offers, or containing special distributions of content by us. At any time you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails or newsletters from us by clicking on the My Account page and editing your preferences with respect to the receipt of commercial or promotional emails, or by contacting customer service. You also will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future. It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Please note that changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional email communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party (such as a credit card processing partner or an event provider) before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change you preferences directly with that third party.
- You may tell us not to share your personal information with third parties or the IAC family of companies for direct marketing purposes by going to the My Account page and editing your preferences with respect to the sharing of information or by contacting customer service.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information.
We want you to feel confident using our website to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission's website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
The IWON Site may offer profile pages and/or various forums or other areas for users to engage in public commentary or discussions, where you can post information about yourself and others, and communicate with other users. Such postings are governed by our Terms of Service. In addition, such postings may appear on other websites or when searches are executed on the subject of your posting. Also, whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on publicly-viewable web pages, that information will be publicly available and can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your email address, you may receive unsolicited messages. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information. Once you have posted information, you may not be able to edit or delete such information.
Our website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
VISITING OUR WEBSITES FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
NO RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES
HOW TO CONTACT US
c/o Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc.
One North Lexington, 9th Floor
White Plains, NY, 10601
ATTN: Privacy Officer/Legal Dept.
END OF DOCUMENT.
© 2012 Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc. All rights reserved.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user's computer for record keeping purposes. Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate our website. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time.
Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. When you sign in to your account on our website, we will record your user or member ID and the name on your user or member account in the cookie file on your computer. We also may record your password in this cookie file, if you indicated that you would like your password saved for automatic sign-in. For security purposes, we will encrypt any usernames, passwords, and other user or member account-related data that we store in such cookies. In the case of sites and services that do not use a user or member ID, the cookie will contain a unique identifier. We may allow our authorized service providers to serve cookies from our website to allow them to assist us in various activities, such as doing analysis and research on the effectiveness of our site, content and advertising.
You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. (Click "Help" in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.) If you do so, some of the features and services of our website may not function properly.
Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages and to understand usage patterns. We also may include web beacons in promotional [or other] e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. We also may receive an anonymous identification number if you come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website.